Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Not quite enough sun

After all the fun in Cordoba I was beyond exciting for a couple relaxing days on the beach.

So when I got there, the first step was get into a bathing suit and onto the beach! From there I met up with my friend Paul and we headed out to lunch. I was thrilled because we were going to have a typical Malaga lunch...consisting of all fish! Pescado frito (fried fish) is the THING you have to eat when visiting Malaga. Glad that got checked off the list!


Following that was more beach time...and possibly a siesta on the beach :)

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that it was a relaxing day on the beach which was perfect after all the commotion that had just happened in Cordoba. Since I was really only going to be in Fuengirola for 2 days, 1 night, we had to take advantage and go out for a little bit that evening. So we went out for some typical Spanish tapas (ensaladilla rusa, huevos con atun, boquerones...) and then moved on...to an Irish pub.















Normally in Spain that would be a strange thing to find but on the Malaga cost there are TONS of foreigners hence why there are so many English and Irish pubs. I was excited for this one though because, as Paul let me know, there was going to be a live band. They weren't anything big but they were playing tons of classics  (in English) that everyone there knew. In addition to that excitement I also got to try a typical Irish cider (Magners) which was pretty good.



Well our night was pretty short out because the next day we really had an adventure...picking up trash on the side of the highway! How exciting.
               
Paul actually helped organize a group together to do a variation of "adopt-a-highway." The idea was we'd go out to an area where this same group had actually planted trees earlier in the year. We headed there and with about 40 of us, we managed to clean the area with the trees in just a couple hours. Plus we got t-shirts and hats, who doesn't like that?

just some of the people that came out to help


After breaking a serious sweat we all headed to a park nearby and got some paella cooking. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time for me and Paul to wait for the paella because I had to go catch a bus back to Cordoba. We still had to eat something so we headed to a tapas bar, el Cañubo (ni caña, ni tubo), and then we were off...or rather I was off. And back to Cordoba I went...


That night in Cordoba I was going to try the feria again, hopefully this time with a little less excitement.

And it was a success!!! We went out, danced, checked out some casetas and I even ended the night (at 5am) with a loaded Spanish baked potato. What a good end to my visit in Cordoba!


Spanish loaded potato= ham, olives, cheese + corn
 different but yummy



No comments:

Post a Comment